First of all we want to thank everyone following us , and giving us feed-backs through our Facebook page. After publishing the first articles we received many requests to give more details about the Express Entry , so we decided to do a brief explanation of the part that we were concerned of , and which is the Federal Skilled Worker Program.
Since the 1st January 2015, the Express Entry System applications are being processed, to apply for permanent resident status (FYI, it does exit other procedures to apply for permanent resident PR to immigrate to Canada). This program is a actually a ranking system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to select more qualified candidates to apply for PR, under this program exists four categories:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program,
- Federal Skilled Trades Program,
- Canadian Experience Program,
- Provincial Nominee Programs.
In our case we took the Federal Skilled Worker Program, since my professional experience is a skill level 1 (to verify your skill level click here), this program covers also skills level 0 and B. to apply for this program the candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Have at least 1 year full time or part time job which is the equivalence of (1,560 hours),
- Meet the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in one of the two official languages of Canada (English and French),
- A completed post secondary degree ( with a Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC, if you have other than Canadian diploma)
- Proof of funds to support yourself and your family in Canada.
In order to determine your eligibility to apply to the Express Entry you can use the CIC tools to check your eligibility by following this link: Check your eligibility.
Once you meet all the requirements you can start you express entry application by:
- Getting a test result in french (TEF) or English (IELTS, CELPIP),
- Getting an ECA from one of the organization recognized by the Canadian authorities.
- Open you Express Entry profile.
If everything goes your profile will get a score according to the given informations, and you’ll get in the pool of applicants.
Twice a month the government proceeds to an Express Entry extraction or draw with a minimum score.
If you got lucky and you got a good score, you’ll receive an Invitation To Apply ITA, once you get there you’ll have 90 days to apply by uploading all the documents that you’ll be asked to submit, and pays the fees.
Now you’ve almost done, after paying and submitting your profile the federal government have 6 months deadline to process your application and give you an answer, once your application is accepted you’ll be asked to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee RPRF and send your passports and specific identity photos for the immigrant visa. After that you’ll receive your Confirmation Of Permanent Resident COPR with your passports stamped for a unique entry to Canada as an immigrant, finally now you are a PR.
We hope that we succeeded to draw for you a general picture of the Entry Express Program , sure there are more to say, but there is nothing better than reading true stories of real applicants, so to read ours follow our Entry Express Application step by step.
Don’t hesitate to spread the word around you !